Monday, September 26, 2011

Wedding Blog Series - Part 2, What I Wore

I promised I'd share my outfit today in part 2 of the Wedding Series!
Last month I visited Boutique Zekara in Rothesay, NB & stumbled upon the perfect dress for my brother's wedding. The thing is though, I didn't tell you which one I chose!  Check back to the post to see what my options from Cherry Velvet were.

While I seemed to deliberate... I truly didn't. The moment I tried this dress on, I knew it was the perfect one. So without any further delay, the dress!


Daddy-O & Me!
As much as I wish I had a picture of me twirling in my pretty dress, I was trying desperately to avoid being the 'embarassing inlaw' this day. 

$3.00 shoes from Winners
As you can see I chose the damask version of Cherry Velvet's Charlotte dress & after much shopping, endless pondering & searching for accessories (so many choices, should I go with purple, pink, red, teal..??!) I went with my already owned black & white oxford style mary jane shoes with a cardigan from George & a cute leather flower brooch from H&M, both in black. 

Brother/Groom & Me!
In perfect symmetry, the Cherry Velvet site is now up & features an online store! You can bet I'm drooling over the latest dresses.

I wish I had a picture of my super cute & glittery nails in purple that matched my husband's outfit & my handmade bag from Parker Buttons!  Stacy of Parker Buttons created this (currently) one-of-a-kind reversible bag for me in an enchino fabric that I have been coveting for almost a year!
Here is a closer look;


You can expect to see this bag with me often, & in it's reverse, slate grey form! Thank you again Stacy!

Great thing about this dress is the potential. The black & white lends itself to endless combinations & events. Pink bolero, or purple leggings? Heck ya!

Bride aka Sister In Law & Me
How gorgeous is my new sister in law in her dress? Check out my next post to see more detailed pictures of it, the ceremony & the partying that ensued!
(Plus as an exciting bonus... I finally talked my husband into letting me post a picture of him!! Proof he exists!)

*Oh, side note; I totally based my decision to dye my hair red almost solely on this dress.

2 comments:

  1. wow sucha gorgeous dress! love the shoes and purse too! you look stunning! and what a pretty bride she was! :)

    xo
    A_Riot
    www.thickthreads.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I have dress envy...and I will fully admit that when you posted about this dress a while ago it reminded me of a City Chic one I had bought but never wore.

    Thanks to your lovely inspiration, I wore my black and silver damask dress to a wedding this summer as well!

    I love it when things just seem to work out.

    ReplyDelete